The Wish

Happy birthday, my friend
I hope you have a happy one
One filled with love and happiness
But I know that you are missing someone
Someone special to you
Someone who you wish is there with you now

So I give you a gift
A simple one, really
But I know that a gift you'd really enjoy
Is to be with your special someone
But this will have to do for now
This mere piece of poetry

But if you think about it
Contemplate it deeply
Think it through
Looking into your mind
Around every corner
You'd see it

The many gifts you receive
Each so valuable and precious
Tenderly given to you
As if taking your hand
And placing their heart
Into your palm

Indeed, that is what it is
Their hearts to you
From far away they give
They give their emotions
Their feelings
And their minds

They think so fondly of you
And they hold your feelings
Like a treasured jewel
And what they give...
Love, care, affection
...is more precious than what I can give

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Contact Manager

An apt quote

Alone