End of an Era with Countless Memories

I come from middle class background and for us, even small things have a special place in heart. Not because there aren't any new alternatives, just because the memories associated with them.

And when Bajaj announced that they are are going to stop the production of scooter, it surely marked the end of an era.

My father got this Bajaj Super (Pehelwan - we love to call it that way) before my birth in Kanpur and ever since he just another member of the family. And always the most reliable one. My father still drives it much more pride than the recent addition to XCD into the list. 22 Years of service and still going good guns. I don't know how my father decided on that green color, but it looks perfectly awesome on it. Any other thing and I would have hated that thing.

I can't forget how we all used to fit into our Pehelwan. Bangalore time was so much fun. We used to travel all the way to Rattanvilas Road, Basavangudi for the congregation, then off to Jalhali to, then to Gangahanali for some shopping and back to home in Hebbal. It never let us down. I too find it extremely obliged while driving something which has been my father's pricest of possessions after his marriage and older than me. Its just amazing feeling

22 years down the line, I do feel that the craze about the Pehelwan has lost with Activa and XCD making way into our fast paced lives. And Pehelwan silently gave way for the new ones. In Delhi, when dad got posted to east, it used to just stay there waiting for someone to take him back to the roads where it belongs. And when dad used to come back, it took us whereever we needed. Same in Pune. Now that dad got posted again, it just stays in the shade waiting again for someone to start the engines and show, he still has miles to go.

I don't know how many of Pehelwan's friends are still out there making memories for so many people in India, but who ever possessed them, didnot find any reason not to attach their lives with them. Though Pehelwan's term is soon going to end, the service it offered is priceless. And it still holds a dignified position in our family and would always be remembered for the countless memories we shared all through the journey.

Thank you Pehelwan. Looking forward to drive you soon.

Comments

  1. Very good post yaar :)

    BTW, your posts are missing the dates ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Contact Manager

An apt quote

Alone