The Secret Keeper by Typhoid Mary

When you have
A burning secret,
Don't you have an urge
To leak it?

Yes, why share is
A mystery.
But let me tell you
My history.


I never liked
Having to hide.
But knew I needed
To stay inside.

Because, if ever,
I dared come out,
The risk was too high
Of things I could spout.


If I weren't always
Out of sight,
Then I'd spill secrets
Left and right.

So, being isolated
By my choice
Seemed much safer
Than using my voice.


Because, like me,
Others were weak.
All their secrets,
They needed to speak.

So it came out,
Out to me.
I'm the keeper,
Don't you see?


I hold secrets
Large and small.
What I know
Could make men fall.

From petty theft
To cheating flings,
There's quite a variety
Of things.


Of course, these secrets
I'd never say.
I try to keep them
Locked away.

Let's hope I'm not
Trying in vain,
Because I can inflict
Enormous pain.


The information
I keep concealed
Could all too easily
Become revealed.

I can cause
Loads of trouble:
Strong foundations
Smashed into rubble.


But truth is:
I'm not that rash,
To turn something good
Into ash.

I'm on guard;
Always wary.
I save by hiding,
Like Typhoid Mary.


To keep you all
From getting hurt,
Your precious secrets
I'll never blurt.

Though it gets
Harder and harder,
I'll continue
To be your martyr.


Now you see
How I suffer alone.
Without contact,
Not even a phone.

You think keeping
A few secrets is whacked?
Try keeping dozens -
Hundreds, in fact.

Comments

  1. Cursed are the secrets
    which keep people falsely happy
    For they aren't any good
    As they will hurt at the end of the day

    You might wait for the time to come
    To let everyone settle down
    before you urge them speak
    and reveal their selves

    But when the time comes
    they won't be prepared
    because they never accepted
    things in the first place
    to themselves.

    If people lie
    every moment to themselves
    they choose to lie
    in death's arms every moment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Contact Manager

An apt quote

Alone