The GenNeXt

I caught hold of Of Course I love you...Till I find Someone on my way back to Pune for Diwali vacation...Thanks to my friend and colleague Rakesh. I did not know I am very good at reading books, after almost 3 years break from books and devoting most of the time on Internet. However, this one got me right into it. And I think every guy or girl of my generation would feel the same because it has got all the stuff...College, Guys, Girls, Friendship, Parties, Love, Beer, Sex, Betrayals, Tears... In short, the most memorable times of the recent graduate like me. And I did not surprise myself to be almost finishing it withing 6 hours. Rakesh had to get down early, otherwise I would have surely finished it.
Its pretty easy to relate yourself with the characters of the book... You knew from your class or even a friend who was as crazy as Deb, the girl next who seated next desk to be like Vernita, the cool hot dude like Vernita's BF(I don't remeber his name), another simple middle-class girl Smriti, the center stage girl and the college heart throb - Avantika and my favourite, always care free and enjoying- Shrey...The characters are portrayed just as they happen to be in real life.
Well surely I am getting into the review of the book, for which I am not writing this blog for sure. Just got carried away. Sorry about that.
While reading the book, one thought that came to my mind was, how much freedom one gets when getting into college. A lot of things come to realization when let alone with a bunch of new people. Its so much easy when staying with family and getting that added cusion in schools. But in college, its what one decide to make out of his life. Some just study their whole college career to make it big for life, some only enjoy all the way without thinking of the college and life and some do both to keep it balanced.
But, it surely showed the dark side of the college students oday. The guys and girls from the higher backgrounds indulge into wrong practices during these times only and then spoil lives of a lot of people around. Avantika was one of them.
A lot of students find themselves misplaced when getting into colleges. Deb was just the student for the occassion. At least he had this realization that Engg. is not his cup of coffee. Some others like the two punjabi duo didn't bother to realize this fact also. They were too busy with boozing to allow some time for their minds to work apart from getting over from the hangover.
Girls getting into relationships and making out is kind of fashion these days. Love is reduced to making just another relation, sleeping over for the night and dumping the other person next evening to find yourself someone better. Then you find same people hanging out with you ex's ex. And life goes on. And all this happens without the knowledge of the parents. They are just another bunch of people who provide food, shelter, mobile, and most important of all money to spend on girl friends and on mobile bills. Is this style statement of youth today?
I know if you read the above stuff, you would think that I am kinda old fashioned or I bring about old thinking. And I think you are right. If this is what modern culture, I find myself better to be old aged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Contact Manager

An apt quote

Alone